Registered on 5th December 2012 with PACRA under the Companies Act CAP 388 of the laws of Zambia, Chrizzima Democracy University (CDU) an academic institution that promote the values of democracy and good governance at national, regional and international level through research, critical policy analysis, lobbying, advocacy, tertiary education, capacity building, political commentary, media blogging, publication and community project implementation from an African perspective. This Afrocentric University seeks to offer its services within six (6) portfolios i.e. (a) Democratic Leadership, Good Governance and Peace Building; (b) Public Health, Community Development and Cultural Studies; (c) Legal Studies and Constitutionalism; (d) Mass Communication and Social Media; (e) Economics, Trade and Business Studies; and (f) Agriculture, Climate Change and Sustainable Development. Although CDU is yet to start full academic programs soon or later, the outfit is already providing some technical services, consultancy, research and implementing community projects such as the ZAADASEA project.
- THE THEMATIC OPERATIONAL AREAS OF CDU
Currently, CDU has six thematic areas of operations which in future will be transformed into schools as follows:
- Democratic Leadership, Good Governance and Peace Building;
- Public Health, Community Development and Cultural Studies;
- Legal Studies, Justice and Constitutionalism;
- Mass Communication and Social Media;
- Economics, Trade and Business Studies;
- Agriculture, Climate Change and Sustainable Development;
- TECHNICAL AREAS OF COMPETENCY AND SERVICES OFFERED BY CDU
- Pioneered and conducts Public Political Perception Surveys (PPPS);
- Undertakes social research, KAP studies, surveys, base and end line studies;
- Policy analysis, legal reviews, advocacy, lobbying and tailor made stakeholders engagement;
- Organizational Development (OD) and Technical Assistance (All round);
- Capacity building and Short term trainings for individuals, TOTs and TOFs;
- Development of thematic Training Manuals and Implementers Guides under our 6 thematic areas;
- Development of Age appropriate SBCC materials (strategic documents, policies, handouts, etc)
- Proposal writing and resource mobilization consultancy services;
- Conference rapporteuring, workshop facilitation and report writing;
- Drafting official and high level policy speeches, talking points and discussion guides; and
- Project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation under our 6 thematic areas; and
- Book writing, editing, proof reading, printing, publishing and distribution;
- CURRENT PROJECTS RUNNED BY CDU
- Pioneered and runs Afro-democracy Journal publication and online blogging;
- Pioneered and manages the Zambia Annual Democracy and Good Governance Awards (ZADA);
- HIV and GBV Community Prevention
- Preservation of Threatened Unique African Cultural Identity and Lifestyle
- Zero Malaria Community Response
- ‘Myambo Zakwasu’, The teachings of where I come From
‘‘Education to rule and inspire others”
- VISION STATEMENT
‘‘A distinguished University in tertiary education, research, policy analysis, legal reviews, lobbying and advocacy, institutional capacity building, political commentary, media policy blogging, political publications and project implementation in fostering democracy, good governance and peace building for national and regional sustainable development”.
- MISION STATEMENT
‘‘To provide excellent tertiary education, social research, institutional capacity building, policy reviews and book publishing for national and regional sustainable development by strengthening democracy and good governance.
- WHY CHOOSE CDU?
Please note that CDU is not yet offering any education service until we finalize registration with the Zambia Higher Education Authority. Thus, CDU
- Will be offering excellent tailor made trainings and quality consultancy services at a cheaper and affordable price;
- Has highly qualified management staff and consultants on the Zambian and regional market;
- Will be providing access to credible services anywhere in the world i.e. home, office, on phone via online services.
- Has many internal and external expert consultants whose minimum qualifications range from MA Degree to PhD.
- CDU GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE
- The University Board
The university Board is the highest decision making organ of CDU and headed by the Board Chairperson. Other members of the Board includes company shareholders, accomplished academicians and respected citizens.
- The University Management
Currently, CDU management is headed by the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Consultant. Other senior management portfolios include Finance Director, Research Director, Legal Director and Business Partnerships Director. Our overall staff force is immaculately and professionally qualified in diverse fields. The minimum qualification of most/all our key staff and consultants is a Master’s degree. This has largely made CDU to sustain a professional leverage which enables us to rise above any academic task, corporate challenge and intelligently beat many complex and orthodox business competitors
- CDU CORE VALUES AND WORK ETHICS
On all avenues of service delivery as a university, CDU is driven by ten key core values and work ethics namely integrity, perfectionism, professionalism, dedication, efficiency, reliability, openness, objectivity, equity and team work.